Cider Mill Press Book Proposal Guidelines
Before you submit your idea to Cider Mill Press, please familiarize yourself with our publishing program. To get a better understanding of our publishing program, please examine our books in a bookstore, library, or browse our website. Cider Mill Press specializes in high-quality, entertaining gift books that are coupled with bold graphic design. Please note: We do not accept original fiction at this time.
Your proposal should include:
- Cover letter giving a brief description (what is the book, and what is its purpose?) of the project and what is included in the package. Please include the title and subtitle of your book.
- Samples of illustrations or photographs (i.e., duplicates rather than originals).
- Where appropriate, a proposal including outline, introduction, illustrations list, sample captions, and text/chapter samples.
- Competition: An analysis of the potential market for the project, including title, publisher, and date of all similar projects, with an explanation of how your proposal differs from each. This is especially important in terms of marketing your book.
- Author/illustrator/photographer biography that includes publishing credits and credentials in the field.
Cider Mill Press is an environmentally conscious publisher, so please submit your proposal to our website as a PDF. Do not submit original material (either art or manuscript) and please keep a copy of your project. If you are not able to send your proposal via email, please mail your cover letter and proposal, with a SASE, to:
Cider Mill Press Book Publishers
P.O. Box 454
Kennebunkport, ME 04046
Please note that material unaccompanied by a SASE will be recycled.