Prove you are the smartest schmuck in the room with 500 trivia facts that sound absurd. These facts are so ridiculous some might even say that they sound like bull$#*t!
Knowledge is power! Crush the competition at trivia night, or start the most interesting conversation ever with real facts that are hard to believe. This book is loaded with interesting facts that are sure to keep you wondering, "How are these even true?" while equipping you to outsmart everyone and blow their minds. Topics include:
- Strange but True Nature Facts - Out-of-This-World Space Facts - Star-Studded Pop Culture Facts - Outrageous Facts from the World of Sports - History and Politics through the Lens of the Bizarre - A Potpourri of Facts That Don’t Fit - Wild but Factual Resources
Put your game face on, and prove once and for all that you are the real know-it-all! Gather your friends and family 'round and get ready to learn some wild and crazy trivia such as:
- True or False: A chicken once survived almost two years after having its head cut off. - True or False: The dog that played Toto in The Wizard of Oz was paid a salary. - How many baseballs does the MLB use every season? - What state has jousting as its official sport? - True or False: Most Canadians live south of Seattle.
Stats to Blow Your Mind, Junior Edition
Did you know that the average person will walk about 110,000 miles in their lifetime, meaning you could walk around the Earth 4.5 times? Or that all the ants on Earth weigh about as much as all the humans? Learn more totally crazy facts with Stats to Blow Your Mind, Junior Edition.
Did you know that the average person will walk about 110,000 miles in their lifetime, meaning you could walk around the Earth 4.5 times? Or that all the ants on Earth weigh about as much as all the humans? Learn more totally crazy facts with Stats to Blow Your Mind, Junior Edition. This book has 75 shocking stats and facts across a wide variety of topics, including the environment, the animal kingdom, cultures, languages, nature, science, people, poverty, media, technology, and more, such as:
- Glaciers and ice sheets hold about 69 percent of the world’s freshwater. - Indonesia is home to some of the shortest people in the world, with the average adult measuring in at around 5 feet, 1.8 inches. - Four babies are born every second. - McDonald’s sells 75 burgers per second - Sloths can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
Prepare to be amazed, and impress your friends while you’re at it! This highly visual book presents knowledge in an exciting way, and is perfect for curious minds that love to learn. Make learning engaging and fun with this graphic collection of some of the world’s craziest, kid-friendly statistics.
My First Campout
My First Campout has everything young adventurers need for camping fun!
Pitch your tent, start a fire, grab your compass, and get ready to go exploring! This interactive book features lift-the-flap panels and removable cardboard cut-outs for a full camping experience—in book form! Get a taste for s’mores, listen to the sounds of the wild, and sing songs around the campfire as you experience your first camping trip. This uniquely designed book will encourage creativity and hours of fun as kids learn all about camping. Check your packing list, test out your new gear, and find your sense of adventure. This book includes elements such as a tent, flashlight, binoculars, sleeping bag, hiking pack, bug spray, s’mores, tinder, and more. With this book, you will:
- Spark a love of nature and encourage kids to have fun outdoors - Promote fine motor skills and cognitive development - Encourage imagination and creativity in your child
Let your child dream up their own camping adventures. They will test out all of their camping gear and get excited for the outdoors. It’s time to hit the trails with My First Campout. Adventure awaits!
The Barnyard Animals Box Set
Explore shapes, colors, and numbers with all the animals on the farm with the Barnyard Animals Box Set!
This Barnyard Animals collection includes My First Counting Book, My First Colors Book, and My First Shapes Book. Babies and toddlers will love counting from 1 to 10, spotting the colors on the farm, and discovering shapes with these adorable pink pigs, fluffy white sheep, brown horses, and more. These vibrantly illustrated board books are durable and made for little hands, so they are equipped to survive toddlerhood and all your baby can throw at them. As you read through this box set, encourage your child to spot numbers, shapes, and colors all around them. With this box set, you will:
- Promote speech and cognitive development and build reading comprehension - Introduce new vocabulary - Enhance fine motor skills - Encourage imagination and creativity in your child. They will visualize concepts in their head when they listen to you read aloud.
Make learning about basic concepts fun for everyone involved. These board books will be beloved by kids and parents alike, and are a great addition to any home’s bookshelf. Read along with green frogs and yellow ducklings, chickens in a square coop, and ten sheep lying down to sleep with the Barnyard Animals Box Set.
American Whiskey (Second Edition)
Internationally recognized whiskey expert Richard Thomas brings you this expanded and updated edition of American Whiskey.
This book not only delivers a thorough history of this national spirit, but provides a snapshot of the industry today. With an emphasis on new expressions of whiskey and rising stars in the game, this expanded edition brings more exposure to the whiskey world than ever. Thomas highlights the major players and whiskey hubs across the U.S., from industry giants to smaller craft distilleries that bring quality to your glass. Chapters are dedicated by region, covering the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Southwest, and the West. With a special focus on the recent emergence of the third whiskey state, Texas, this is an opportunity to dive deeper into the industry today. Inside you’ll find:
- Detailed tasting notes for over 300 expressions of whiskey - More than 100 updated profiles of notable distillers - Interviews with master distillers - The history of whiskey across the United States - Original photography of behind the scenes at these distilleries
Follow the production of this spirit from grain to glass and get a broader understanding of the whiskey landscape across the country with American Whiskey (Second Edition).
The Complete Soup Cookbook
Over 300 satisfying homemade soups and stews that bring warmth and flavor to the table.
With these versatile and essential recipes you can make stews, bisques, chowders, stocks, and more. This nutrient-packed collection contains family classics, traditional recipes, and regional favorites from around the world. These hearty, nourishing recipes are perfect for all seasons, so you can enjoy a light cucumber gazpacho in the summer, a spicy pumpkin soup in the fall, or a comforting French onion soup on a cold winter night. With these year round recipes, you can take advantage of each season’s freshest ingredients. This cookbook also includes a number of recipes that you can adapt for slow cookers, so you can set it and forget it. From hearty chowders to creamy bisques and rich vegetable stews, you’ll find inventive varieties sure to become family favorites. Inside you’ll find:
- Over 300 easy-to-follow recipes including Bread Soup with Pita Bread, Tomato and Beef Soup, Acorn Squash Soup, Indo-Chinese Hot and Sour Soup, and more. - Recipes for all palates utilizing meats, seafood, legumes, nuts, and grains, plus vegan and gluten-free options. - Additional recipes for broths, stocks, and chilled soups, and over a dozen breads for dipping in soups and stews. - A variety of family-friendly recipes designed to be ready in 30 minutes or less.
Soup doesn’t have to be an appetizer. These soups make great standalone meals perfect for potlucks, holiday parties, family dinners, cookouts, cold nights, lunches, and more. Enjoy these wholesome recipes year round with The Complete Soup Cookbook.
When the Grid Fails
Prepare your home and family for any catastrophe and know what to do when disaster strikes with When the Grid Fails.
Guide your family through life-threatening situations when they hit home with this survival guide. Learn techniques and strategies for fortifying your home against any crisis. From a downed power line to staying safe during a hurricane or being trapped in your home in a snowstorm, this book is an indispensable manual of lifesaving strategies and self-sufficient living. With the right tools and information, you can survive life’s most unpredictable circumstances. In this guide, survival expert Ky Furneaux establishes easy action steps so your family has a step-by-step plan when things go haywire. Whether it’s environmental disaster, social upheaval, civil unrest, war, or an economic breakdown, with this guide you can confidently navigate any crisis. Furneaux outlines practical preparations and smart responses to all kinds of survival situations, and covers a wide array of topics, including:
- How to find and sterilize water. - How to keep warm if the heating cuts out, and staying cool in heat waves without A.C. - How to safely store food and water for weeks and months on end. - First-aid instructions and treating injuries in an emergency, and what to do when conventional medical supplies, facilities, or professionals are unavailable. - Developing crisis-management skills. - Setting up a renewable energy system for your home, as well as installing back-up power and lights. - How to find shelter. - Alternative cooking techniques when conventional methods are unavailable due to disaster or prolonged power outage. - How to grow and preserve food. - How to prepare for a fire, hurricane, tornado, flood, or earthquake, and what to do when they come to your home. - How to protect against attack. - Alternative sanitation methods.
Be self-reliant and give yourself peace of mind with the tools you need to survive even in long emergencies. Take the initiative with When the Grid Fails and be prepared for any urban crisis.
More True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t
From cubed wombat poop to the dancing plague and the real-life Dracula, this collection of 500 bizarre facts is sure to make you say bull$#*t!
Learn the weirdest facts in the world with this hilarious guide to all things bizarre and hard to believe. Challenge your friends, puzzle your family, and troll social media with trivia sure to stump even the most experienced fact guru. With 500 insane facts that are guaranteed to have you saying, “You’ve got to be kidding me,” you’ll be a weird trivia master in no time. Topics include:
- History - Music - Science - Entertainment - Food - Odds and Ends
Get ready to prove you’re the real know-it-all! Gather your friends and family 'round and get ready to learn some wild and crazy trivia such as:
- How long did the shortest war in history last? - True or False: There was once a mustache strike in France. - Did a Renaissance play once last for 30 days? - Is cheese the most widely shoplifted food in the world? - True or False?: A dentist invented cotton candy.
Will You Be My Monster?
Split into three sections for easy flipping, the spiral-bound pages of Will You Be My Monster? invite children (and their grown-ups!) to flip around and mix and match endless combinations of heads, bodies, and legs to create their own magnificent monsters!
Bring on the giggles!! Will You Be My Monster? is a seriously fun flipbook that invites readers to mix and match super silly looking monster heads, bellies, and feet to create hundreds of hilarious monsters! Kids will laugh aloud at the monsters they can create with this interactive flipbook that will keep them entertained, again and again! Will You Be My Monster? is ideal for kids, parents, grandparents, friends, and teachers looking for:
- Interactive children’s flipbook - Books for three to eight years old - Books for preschool and up
As delightful for solo play as it is as a group activity, Will You Be My Monster? is all about inspiring creativity. It’s a monster generator in a book perfect for Halloween, and it makes for hours of fun. Plus, the sturdy, durable—and outrageously colorful!—package makes this flipbook the perfect travel companion and activity book for kids on the go!
Explore an elegant collection of over 100 recipes inspired by Seattle, the Emerald City.
Discover the unique Seattle vibe with delicious recipes from some of the city’s top mixologists and bartenders. Explore the best places to drink in the city with chapters divided by neighborhood and remake your favorite local beverages at home. Enjoy recipes from Emerald city bars that take full advantage of local flair and flavor, with stunning photographs that capture the heart of this colorful port city. Find tips and techniques of the trade in interviews with prominent bartenders. From dive bars to craft cocktail bars, Seattle has it all, and you can bring it home with you. Whether you save these recipes for a rainy day or enjoy them in the sunshine, these cocktails will make you feel like you’re at the top of the Space Needle.
City Cocktails profiles some of the most happening cities in the world to give readers a taste of class, no matter where you set your glass.
Awesome Everyday Family Activities
Turn everyday into a family adventure and create lasting memories with Everyday Family Activities.
Plan your next family adventure and never get stuck with bored kids again with Everyday Family Activities. With over 100 unplugged activities, there’s something here for everyone. You’ll never be wanting for things to do as a family, no matter the situation. With tabs on the side for quick and easy navigation when you just don’t know what to do next, you’ll be able to find activities for all occasions, including:
- Rainy Days - Road Trips - Summer Vacation - Indoor Fun - Outdoor Fun - At the Beach - Weekday Shenanigans
Avoid the dreaded back seat bickering and 24/7 screen time and reestablish your connection as a family. Fall back on well-loved classics and try unique new ideas to pass the time and keep things exciting for kids of all ages. From scavenger hunts to crafts and recipes designed for making quality time with your family, you’ll create lasting memories (and avoid grumpy kids!).