An expert guide to the American whiskey renaissance.
In American Whiskey, Kentucky-born, internationally recognized whiskey expert Richard Thomas guides readers through the American whiskey renaissance. Featuring over 300 distinctive expressions of whiskeys that embrace both tradition and innovation, this book will appeal to obsessive collectors eager to discover the next Pappy Van Winkle as well as those just starting to sample the dynamic flavor profiles of these American spirits.
In this guide, you will discover:
- Detailed tasting notes for 300+ expressions from 100+ distilleries - Interviews with master distillers - Regional chapters that make it easy to find distilleries nationwide - Hundreds of photographs of bottles, distillers, and distilleries
Both whiskey lovers and those looking to learn more about the nation’s spirit will find this book worth reading. The history of whiskey straddles Kentucky and Tennessee, but American Whiskey proves that today exceptional whiskey is made across the country.
The Complete Soup Cookbook
Over 300 satisfying homemade soups and stews that bring warmth and flavor to the table.
With these versatile and essential recipes you can make stews, bisques, chowders, stocks, and more. This nutrient-packed collection contains family classics, traditional recipes, and regional favorites from around the world. These hearty, nourishing recipes are perfect for all seasons, so you can enjoy a light cucumber gazpacho in the summer, a spicy pumpkin soup in the fall, or a comforting French onion soup on a cold winter night. With these year round recipes, you can take advantage of each season’s freshest ingredients. This cookbook also includes a number of recipes that you can adapt for slow cookers, so you can set it and forget it. From hearty chowders to creamy bisques and rich vegetable stews, you’ll find inventive varieties sure to become family favorites. Inside you’ll find:
- Over 300 easy-to-follow recipes including Bread Soup with Pita Bread, Tomato and Beef Soup, Acorn Squash Soup, Indo-Chinese Hot and Sour Soup, and more. - Recipes for all palates utilizing meats, seafood, legumes, nuts, and grains, plus vegan and gluten-free options. - Additional recipes for broths, stocks, and chilled soups, and over a dozen breads for dipping in soups and stews. - A variety of family-friendly recipes designed to be ready in 30 minutes or less.
Soup doesn’t have to be an appetizer. These soups make great standalone meals perfect for potlucks, holiday parties, family dinners, cookouts, cold nights, lunches, and more. Enjoy these wholesome recipes year round with The Complete Soup Cookbook.
More True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t
From cubed wombat poop to mantis shrimp eyesight, impress your friends with More True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t!
Learn the weirdest things about planet earth with this hilarious guide to all things bizarre. Challenge your friends, puzzle your family, and troll social media with true-or-false questions sure to stump even the most experienced fact guru. The perfect gift for trivia experts and internet searchers alike, with 500 odd-but-true facts to choose from, you’ll become a weird trivia master in no time.
Put your game face on, and prove once again that you are the real know-it-all! Gather your friends and family 'round (again!) and get ready to learn more wild and crazy trivia and facts such as:
- How long did the shortest war in history last? - True or False? There was once a mustache strike in France. - Are babies born crying with an accent? - True or False? a dentist invented cotton candy. - Is cheese the most widely shoplifted food in the world?
Stump everyone with More True Facts That Sound Like Bull$#*t!
Will You Be My Monster?
Split into three sections for easy flipping, the spiral-bound pages of Will You Be My Monster? invite children (and their grown-ups!) to flip around and mix and match endless combinations of heads, bodies, and legs to create their own magnificent monsters!
Bring on the giggles!! Will You Be My Monster? is a seriously fun flipbook that invites readers to mix and match super silly looking monster heads, bellies, and feet to create hundreds of hilarious monsters! Kids will laugh aloud at the monsters they can create with this interactive flipbook that will keep them entertained, again and again! Will You Be My Monster? is ideal for kids, parents, grandparents, friends, and teachers looking for:
- Interactive children’s flipbook - Books for three to eight years old - Books for preschool and up
As delightful for solo play as it is as a group activity, Will You Be My Monster? is all about inspiring creativity. It’s a monster generator in a book perfect for Halloween, and it makes for hours of fun. Plus, the sturdy, durable—and outrageously colorful!—package makes this flipbook the perfect travel companion and activity book for kids on the go!
Awesome Everyday Family Activities
Turn everyday into a family adventure and create lasting memories with Everyday Family Activities.
Plan your next family adventure and never get stuck with bored kids again with Everyday Family Activities. With over 100 unplugged activities, there’s something here for everyone. You’ll never be wanting for things to do as a family, no matter the situation. With tabs on the side for quick and easy navigation when you just don’t know what to do next, you’ll be able to find activities for all occasions, including:
- Rainy Days - Road Trips - Summer Vacation - Indoor Fun - Outdoor Fun - At the Beach - Weekday Shenanigans
Avoid the dreaded back seat bickering and 24/7 screen time and reestablish your connection as a family. Fall back on well-loved classics and try unique new ideas to pass the time and keep things exciting for kids of all ages. From scavenger hunts to crafts and recipes designed for making quality time with your family, you’ll create lasting memories (and avoid grumpy kids!).
Peekaboo, What Am I?
Take a peek through the die-cut shaped pages and guess what’s hiding on the other side with Peekaboo, What Am I?
Make learning about shapes and colors a fun guessing game. Just take a look through the die-cut window on the page and let your child predict what’s behind it. Is it a square, a circle, or a triangle? Is it green, blue, purple, or red? Peekaboo, What Am I? encourages children to use their problem-solving skills as they try to figure out what each hidden page contains. Once your child has guessed the shape, just flip the page or lift the flap to reveal the full image. This book lets young readers use clues to draw their own conclusions, and makes a game out of reading and learning. This interactive board book will:
- Engage and capture your child’s interest and curiosity. - Boost your child’s sensory development and fine motor skills with die-cut pages and lift-the-flap designs. - Allow you to bond with your child as you read aloud together. - Encourage imagination and a love of reading at an early age.
Engage young, curious minds and turn reading time into an educational guessing game with Peekaboo, What Am I?